Are You Prepared to Successfully
Manage an eLearning Project ?
Get the Proven System to Work with Your Client to Deliver eLearning Projects On-Time, On-Budget, the First and Every Time
The Problem is..
You Don't Know What You Don't Know.
It's a difficult career situation when you're assigned an eLearning project
and you can’t say NO to your boss. BUT THEN you start thinking...
> I don't know anything about training development!
> How am I going to actually get this done? Who can help me?
> Will I have time to get my REAL job done?”
Suddenly you're on OVERLOAD.
Houston, We Have a Problem!
I recently got a call from Mike, a training developer (with eLearning experience) whom I have known for several years.
Mike sounded so upset on the phone and quickly confessed he needed some job leads since he was afraid he was going to get fired. Of course I was concerned and asked him for details.
Mike said it had all started when his boss gave him an assignment to convert a week-long classroom course into an eLearning program.
Mike forged ahead and put together a simple statement of work (SOW) document, knowing he needed outside help getting the project completed. He thought that preparing a simple SOW would generate easy responses to quickly review and get the project going, Wow, WAS HE WRONG! Mike took three days to sort through and make a final decision. Then it took almost two weeks to get the final contract completed, since Mike had forgotten some of steps in that process.
The project finally started off OK, but within a couple weeks, it went completely off the rails. Mike could never seem to get it back in control and it turned into a very PAINFUL... UGLY NEVER ENDING review cycle that was delivered LATE. Mike was feeling defeated, embarrassed and just worn out.
I asked Mike to recall the big project issues. Mike told me that he didn't have senior management support when he needed extra help from other departments. Since the people didn't report to him, they had no interest in meeting his deadlines. Then he had to deal with a field-manager, who disrupted the ENTIRE project and causing Mike to re-do the content TWO EXTRA TIMES. Mike felt powerless to complain since the field manager out-ranked him.
BUT THE WORST PAIN WAS…when the contractor's final invoice ended up being 3X more than the original bid. The out-of-control project totally blew through the rest of Mike's entire training budget FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR. Since the contract was time-based not written a firm-fixed bid, Mike was on the hook for paying the entire invoice. Needless to say, Mike's boss was really NOT HAPPY.
I asked, “Mike how long has it been since you developed an eLearning project?” He told me it had been almost three years and quite frankly he had been scrambling to try to remember all of the steps.
Then he said, "I didn't have anyone at work that understood how to manage an eLearning project. And I didn't feel confident just telling them what to do. I just wish I had a blueprint to follow from Day One and the ability to call someone when I got stuck. It would have helped me to so stay focused on the tasks."
Mike's comments HIT ME LIKE A LIGHTENING BOLT. Mike’s project grief was the same PAIN my non-training clients experienced. What you don't know or can't remember can come back to bite you!
How do you tame the eLearning project beast?
GET a PROVEN STEP-BY-STEP SYSTEM.
Meet the eMA Bootcamp Author
Howdy! My name is V. Karen Miller, I am a third-generation educator with a PASSION for teaching with technology. I have 25+ years of creating custom eLearning programs for corporate and federal/state agencies.
My corporate teams have earned eLearning recognition from ASTD and ISPI. One of our programs touched 300K+ people globally, saved over $250K in costs in one year, AND earned a reputation delivering training on-time – every time.
I earned my master’s degree in Educational Technology from Texas A&M University. I enjoyed leading national and global eLearning programs for: computer manufacturing, software development, online K12 communities, aircraft safety systems, worker’s compensation insurance, airport stormwater remediation, and mortgage servicing.
As an adjunct professor, I enjoyed teaching hundreds of graduate students at National Uni. and Chapman Uni. (Sacramento, CA) and the Uni. of Phoenix (Online) in: Instructional Design, Assessment & Evaluation, and Distance Learning Systems.
it was so fulfilling when twenty-five of my graduate students were selected to be technology leaders in their CA K12 school districts, as a direct result of a homework assignments. It was fun to see them active at state tech conferences.
In 2001, I fulfilled my lifetime dream and founded Design2Train, a full-service instructional design agency.
eMA Bootcamp was originally created to educate our clients to deliver better training in less time and save money. I look forward to sharing and providing coaching within the eMA Bootcamp system with you.
Gain the Knowledge and Confidence
You Need to Succeed
Introducing…. (Drumroll Please)
eLearning Management Academy (eMA) Bootcamp
A Proven Step-by-Step System That Works.
What Do You Get?
eMA Bootcamp is a COMPLETE program containing EVERYTHING YOU NEED to confidently MANAGE an eLearning project from concept to completion.
Save up to 50% if you follow the system
with Staff Time-on-Task (your SMEs will love you) AND
Lower Production Costs (your Boss will love you)
eMA Bootcamp includes Instructional Tools and Mentoring including:
• Guided Core Instruction: Unlimited Access to LIVE Webinars and Self-Paced Training
• Quick Start Option (automatically included) for super-quick Design Phase implementation
• Personal Kickoff Coaching Call for getting started right
• Weekly Q/A Calls (Participate LIVE or Archived) for Mentoring Tips and Answers to Your Questions
• Game Changing Checklists: Ready-to-Use with 50+ Tasks and 150+ Activities with Step-by-Step instructions
• Key Project Templates: Timeline & Milestones, Statement of Work, Project Plan, Course Outline
• Ready-to-Fill Templates: (MSOffice 365) for: Stakeholder Interviews, Project Emails, Checklists…
• Resource Library: Access our Million Dollar Rolodex of Tools and Tips
*** If you don’t have an an experienced eLearning Sr. Instructional Designer in-house, we highly RECOMMEND that hire one for your first eLearning project. Share the eMA Bootcamp checklists with them to get them on-board.
Together You will Achieve Success.
Start building your own internal bench strength for future projects. Request the Sr. Instructional Designer serve as a MENTOR to your internal instructional designers, so they can learn how to lead the next eLearning project.
eMA Bootcamp Bonuses
eMA Bootcamp (Bronze Workshop Special Edition) includes GREAT BONUSES ($1,850 value)
• 1/2 HR Discovery Call ($150 value): Get advice and encouragement.We care about your success!
• 1 HR Critique of T&M OR SOW Document + 1 HR Coaching Call ($500 value): Get a second opinion and advice
• Course Certificate: Earn a course certificate for completing the eMA Bootcamp program
• Earn 6 HRS Professional Development Credit: Get credit for using the eMA Bootcamp system
• 3 Month Unlimited Access to eMA Bootcamp LIVE or Online Training ($600 value)
• 3 Month Unlimited Access to the Resource Library, Weekly Q/A Coaching Calls ($600 value)
Why Choose eMA Bootcamp?
eMA Bootcamp is Built on a Different Set of Rules.
We created this Structured Program to be as Flexible as Possible.
It is different from any other eLearning management program you will see because:
- eMA Bootcamp is Written from YOUR Perspective
If you are like 90% of our clients, your real life title is probably: Product Manager, Sales Manager, HSE Manager, Program Manager, SME or even Business Owner.
In eMA Bootcamp, you are the eLearning Project Manager. Wear the title proudly!
- eMA Bootcamp offers Freedom of Choice
We do not require you to use a specific courseware development tool or learning management system (LMS). Feel free to use ANY Tools to create and host your training program.
if you want to research tools we use and recommend, take a look in the Resource Library, but there is absolutely NO pressure to purchase anything.
- Checklists and Templates are Built in MSOffice 365 Tools
Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are universal tools that you already know how to use. Make it easy for SMEs to review / approval and remove as many barriers as possible.
Standardized tools save money. We use PowerPoint as a storyboard and content development tool. Add audio and with one-click compile into MP4 video format. It's that easy.
- eMA Bootcamp System is Structured AND Flexible
eMA Bootcamp can be used with all types of teams whether you have internal staff, external consultants or a mixture of both. Make it work for you.
Confidently build your project requirements using the eMA Bootcamp guidance.
- Cost Effective Because it's Re-Usable
When you purchase the system, you have the rights to make copies to use with your team on your first or future projects.The license is issued in your name and it stays with you.
If others want to manage projects, we request they purchase their own copies to stay within the license agreement. Thanks in advance for honoring our product copyright integrity.
Become an eLearning Project Expert
Save time and money on your first project.
Prepare with a Special eMA Bootcamp TEAM Training and Consulting Program
Bronze: Workshop SpecialWorkshop | Checklists | Coaching
- Workshop SPECIAL $397
- (Regular $697) Payment Plan Available
- Get Started TODAY
- • LIVE Quick Start Webinar AND Self-paced Training
- • Game-Changing Detailed Checklists (50+ Tasks, 150+ Activities)
- • Design Templates: Timeline & Milestones, Statement of Work, Project Plan, Course Outline
- • Time-Saving Templates: Emails, Interviews, Checklists, Special Matrices
- • 30-day 100% Money Back Guarantee
- PLUS Bonuses ($1,850 Total Value):
- • Personal Kickoff Coaching Call 1/2 Hr ($150)
- • T&M OR SOW Review 1 Hr + Coaching Call 1 Hr ($500 value)
- • Professional Development Credit – 6 Hrs (TX Educ Agency)
- • Course Certificate
- • 3 Month Member Access: Bootcamp Training ($600 value)
- • 3 Month Member Access: Resource Library, Weekly Q/A Coaching Calls ($600 value)
P.S. We believe the skills you attain from the eMA Bootcamp may increase your status and even earn you a red cape as a Company Hero.
Especially when you deliver your first eLearning project on-time and on-budget. Then you keep repeating project success over and over again.
We look forward to hearing about your success.
V Karen Miller and the eMA Bootcamp Team